1. Leave bandage on for 1-2 hours
2. Remove bandage - Rinse tattoo off completely with warm water and antibacterial soap (such as SoftSoap or Dial straight from the pump) a shower is ideal. DO NOT re-bandage the tattoo - it needs to be open to the air to breathe. Wear loose, clean clothing, cotton is preferred.
3. Tattoo-Goo is recommended for healing. We feel this is currently the best product available, being that it is specifically formulated to heal tattoos. Other lotions and ointments contain ingredients which can irritate the skin. In some cases, vitamin E may be appropriate. Use only if recommended by your artist. Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before each application of Tattoo-Goo.
4. Use a light coat of Tattoo-Goo 3-4 times daily (one tin will heal most tattoos, beginning to end). Tattoos generally take 1-2 weeks to heal, each person's skin makeup, diet, stress levels, etc. factor into the healing process. Care for yourself as best as possible. Relax the day following tattooing, and be patient.
5. In approximately 3 days the tattoo will form a dry layer of skin. It will peel and flake like a sunburn - this is a normal part of the healing process. DO NOT pick or scratch it!
6. DO NOT expose to direct sunlight or tanning beds. Sun exposure will damage a tattoo. Only after the tattoo is healed, use sun screens with 30+ SPF's. If there is any doubt, COVER IT UP! DO NOT soak in water. Oceans, pools, jacuzzis, lakes, etc. can harbor bacteria and chemicals which can cause infection or complications. Shower instead of bathing until your tattoo is complete healed.
REMEMBER: You will wear this tattoo for life - protect your investment. It is your responsibility to care for your new tattoo. Any deviations from these instructions can result in poor healing, color loss or infection. Use common sense!
Call or walk in, check-ups are always FREE!